Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lists and playlists.

            I’ve always loved to make lists.  There is something incredibly satisfying about writing things down and crossing them off as they get accomplished.  I’m also a fan of bulleting my favorite things and taking note of what I like.  I suppose I’m just always writing something.
            But recently, my favorite kind of list is a playlist.  I love having a different soundtrack for each aspect of my life.  There’s my Sunday Funday playlist which I think everyone else is getting pretty sick of after a summer of Sunday Fundays (It’s chock full of Justin Bieber, Sean Kingston, and anything ever sung on Glee).  There’s my angsty, I’m-writing-a break-up-scene in a teen book playlist (This includes a lot of Taylor Swift, Bon Iver and St. Vincent, and Lykke Li).  Then there’s my playlist for when I’m in the car and excited about where I’m going.  Right now, this one includes the entire Suckerpunch soundtrack, and the Warbler’s versions of  Misery, Animal, Raise your Glass, and When I get you alone. 
My cooking-dinner fave is currently anything by Ray Lamontagne.  When I really need to laugh, I listen to The Lonely Island’s Incredibad (I’m on a Boat and Natalie Portman’s Rap never get old.)  My kids are really into Young and Divine, Death Cab, Timbaland, Big Time Rush, and apparently, Reggae. This is a mix of my tastes, my husband’s, and my friends Amanda and Kate.
Since I’ve decided to give working out a shot this week, I’m going to need some serious motivation music.  I’m taking suggestions.  What gets you going and pushes you to work your butt off?

0 comments:

Post a Comment