Thursday, August 04, 2011

I want to be this excited about every single day.

             You know the feeling when you just can’t sleep and don’t even mind waking up at 4 in the morning because something exciting awaits you?  Well, that’s exactly how I feel today.  Like it’s Christmas, a spa day, and a big trip all rolled into one.  I’m that excited about being surrounded by writers for the next four days.
            This morning, my alarm was set for 5:15, but at 4 o’clock on the dot, my eyes popped open and I hopped out of bed.  I made coffee, skipped to the shower, emailed, Facebooked, and did a whole list of other things before 4:45.  By 5:45 I was on my way to the airport, singing (loudly) along with old-school No Doubt, Destiny’s Child, and Nirvana (I was listening to LA’s KIIS FM on satellite) and I felt like I’d had three or four cups of coffee instead of only one.
            After landing in Atlanta, we sat on the runway for an hour.  And though I had to run my butt off to make my connection, it was probably a good thing.  I had a ridiculous amount of energy for it to be so early and only running on 6 hours of sleep.  Then I wrote like a fiend for the duration of the flight, and I haven’t crashed yet.
I know every day of life can’t be so exciting.  There are simply a lot of things that need to be done that aren’t so fun.  But I would like to focus on one thing every single day that excites me, or that I’m really looking forward to.  The next four days are already taken care of: I will be spending hours upon hours learning more about what I love to do.  On Tuesday, the highlight of my day will be getting home to my boys and kissing their sleeping little faces.  After that, I have no idea what I’ll be looking forward to, but I guarantee it will be something good. 
Can you tell I’m feeling inspired?  Bring it, LA.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Miss you already! xoxo

Post a Comment