Monday, March 11, 2013

Sicky sick SICK!

If we're friends on Facebook, you might have wondered what happened to me Friday after 2'o clock.  Or...you might have thought: Hey, that chick got a life and isn't telling me where she ate her last cupcake.  But c'mon, you know better...

Last time I checked in, my kids had that pukey stomach virus which started with Crews on Tuesday, made its way to Teague on Thursday afternoon, hit my ex-husband on Thursday night, and left me doing my super-cool work-out while everyone slept on Friday afternoon.  I was a sweaty, awesome (Ok, ridiculed by her 7 year old), toned mom heading for the shower and out to a little cocktail shindig at my friend Allison's house at 5:30.

But by 2:10, I learned that the boys could not go to their dad's house because he was still very sick and I totally understood.  I watched Wreck-it-Ralph for the third time, handed out Gatorade (only red for Teague, only orange for Crews) and snuggled up with the infectious babes on the couch.

I'd been so diligent about washing my hands, disenfecting the floors/bathrooms/toilets/doorknobs/remotes, etc.  I was convinced I was safe.

But Saturday morning I was just a tad sluggish to wake up.  I took the boys downstairs.  Let the dog out.  Made their Carnation Instant Breakfast (Sugar-free, because I can't handle that 6:15 jolt).  Turned on Transformers.  And crawled back into bed for 15 minutes.  At 6:30, I woke up, emptied the dishwasher, fed the dog, started packing the bag for their dad's house, and did 2 loads of laundry. By 8, I was satisfied and feeling totally productive.  It was a sunny morning and I had more than enough yard work to get through to prepare for Crew's 4th birthday party this Saturday.

But by 8:18, I knew something was wrong.  My breakfast was extremely unsettled and every time I bent over to pick up a pile of laundry, I almost barfed.  By 8:40, I had dropped the kids off, picked up a supply of Gatorade for myself, and headed home.  That's when I found out that I wasn't the only one left who was sick.

Yup.  My dog caught it too. 

This is when I flashback to Teague puking and the puppy running in the bathroom and licking the floor.  And who had been licking my hands for days?  The puppy.

I'm not saying the puppy tried to kill me.  But we've been having problems lately.  Perhaps he knows the electric fence people are coming tomorrow.  Maybe he's not too excited about the shock collar I tried on him last week.  And he's pretty pissed about the "Keep Off" I sprayed around my garden...

So...

The dog and I spent the last 2 days in puking hell.  He might have had it a little worse because he had to stay outside and I was in my bed, but I think I would have been just as uncomfortable on the back porch.  Talk about wretching, full body misery!  I actually felt guilty for not understanding how sick my kids had been. 

I'm at about 80% today and hopefully tomorrow will be productive.  I have a full-scale 4th birthday party to throw on Saturday and you know how we do cakes in this family! 

http://whitneywindham.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html

I can't wait to share pictures of the cake and revisit those of years past!

And the puppy and I?  Well, tomorrow, he's gonna finally learn who's boss.  (FYI: He will probably slip the collar onto me after midnight and when I leave to take the kids somewhere, I'll be the one who gets shocked.)  Damned tricky husky.



0 comments:

Post a Comment