Thursday, March 07, 2013

Products I love!

I don't usually talk about products I love because I'm not really a "product" kind of girl.  I don't get obsessed with perfume because I'm highly allergic to it and I prefer Aussie 3-Minute Miracle conditioner because it's like $3 and I have a ridiculous amount of hair.  I'm not loyal to a particular brand of shoes (Although you might be tempted to question my UGG collection, but I promise it's because I'm always freezing and they keep me warmer from toe to tush) and I pick my jeans based on their suitability for those of us with negative ass.

I'm an equal opportunity buyer.  The kind of shopper marketers probably hate.  But over the last 2 weeks, I have discovered 3 products that have changed my life!  Ok, so maybe they haven't changed my life, but they have made it easier and prettier and when you're a Mom what more can you ask for?

Are you ready?  Here they are!  (At this point, you realize my life is pretty boring.)



1)  When you use an endless amount of hand sanitizer every single day, your hands look like crap.  I'm not ashamed to say that I always had great hands! (Key word: HAD.)  When I was younger, people used to tell me I should be a hand model.  I guess it's kind of insulting that they didn't just say you should be a model in general.  But whatever, I had pretty hands.    

Fast-forward to the decade of diabolical hand sanitizer...

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Purell.  But it takes a serious toll on your skin.  Especially when it gets cold/your kids are sick/you see the guy in front of you at the ATM picking his nose before he keys in his PIN, etc...

But I just discovered Neutrogena Fast-Absorbing Hand Cream and it's awesome!  It disappears instantly and doesn't leave nasty streaks on my iPhone.  It also feels like you just had a paraffin dip.  I now keep it in my kitchen, my nightstand, my purse, and my glove compartment.


2)  Oil of Olay Color Corrector is a miracle in a bottle.  For about $22, you get a daily moisturizer and sunscreen that is super-light and disappears into your skin, but also evens out the sun-damaged tone I have acquired after living in the tanning bed from ages 14-24.  Not that I was much better about sunscreen while soaking up the actual sun from ages 25-34, but at least I have given up the tanning bed addiction.

I started using Olay CC last week, and I must have had at least 10 people tell me my skin looked great and asked if I had been getting facials or changed my make-up.  That's a BIG deal.  Especially when you look at the price and how much you use each day.  It's a clear tube and I can't even tell I've used it once.  It comes in 3 shades and it's very easy to pick which one you need.  I would easily pay $80 for this stuff.  It's THAT good.


3)  I think one of my earliest memories is Spray N Wash commercials.  As a kid, you are inundated with stain-fighting commericals during cartoons whether you were born in the 70's or after 2005.  There have been many incarnations of stain sprays, stain sticks, Oxi Clean, Tide On the Go pens, but I have NEVER found anything that works as well as Dirty Jobs!

I must admit, when I saw that Mike Rowe (you know, the guy from Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel) had his own line of cleaning supplies at Lowes, I walked right past them.  I've seen them there for half a year and it never occured to me to give them a try.  But last month when my dad was visiting, he asked if I needed anything from Lowes and I said I needed Spray N Wash.  Teague had followed the puppy into our pond with his school uniform on, and I had zero hope of getting it clean without multiple soakings, squeezings, washings.  But Dirty Jobs claimed it could get the toughest stains out all on its own without any help.

And it did!

You can even spray it, forget about it for a few days (My dirty secret), and it still comes out perfect without a bit of assistance.

So buy or don't buy!  It's not like I'm getting a kickback.  But this is some good stuff!  And I'm all about easy and cute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment