Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A song a year.

Tonight, after tucking Crews in and finishing up homework, Teague and I scaled his bunk beds to watch his solar system spin and talk about important things.  You know, things like: "Who started the idea of prayers?"  "Why don't you wear boxers, Mom?"  And, "Do you have a different favorite song every year?"

I told him I pretty much have a different favorite song every day.  But clearly that was not the answer he wanted.  It was obvious he'd been thinking about this and had an agenda.

"Mom," he said, "can you pick a favorite song for every year you've been alive and make a playlist?"  He also added that he knew "it's a lot of years."

How could I possibly refuse such a sincerely adorable request?  I know I won't be able to do it overnight, but I think it's a great project we can work on together.  It will provide me with an opportunity to expose him to music he's never heard and I'll get to remember what stuck out most each year.  Crews just loves music and shaking his total lack of a booty so he'll be into it too.

So... 1978.

I would love to list the entire Grease soundtrack, but I know Teague would say I'm cheating. 

Instead, I will choose Dolly Parton's Here You Come Again.  It's one of the first songs I ever remember hearing and loving. 

I'll keep you updated as we compile the Life of Whitney Playlist.

Oh, and by the way, Teague already made his :

Year One: ABC's
Year Two: Justin Roberts Willie Was a Whale
Year Three : The Four Tops Can't Help Myself (Sugar pie, honey bunch)
Year Four: Taio Cruz Break Your Heart
Year Five: Timbaland/Katy Perry If We Ever Meet Again
Year Six: Big Time Rush Halfway There

1 comments:

Whitney G said...

What a great idea...and what a creative kid!!! I think I'll do this myself. Love your choice for 1978!

Post a Comment