Thursday, April 19, 2012

Last wedding anniversary.


Today is my 9th wedding anniversary.  Nine years ago today I woke up on Little Palm Island off the coast of the Florida Keys and prepared for my incredibly intimate wedding on the beach.  It was sunny.  The water was calm.  And I was a total wreck.

Fast forward to today.  I’m sitting on the couch with my 3-year-old Crews.  I’m in Charleston, South Carolina.  We are watching Spongebob Squarepants.  It’s a nasty, dark, rainy day. 

Things couldn’t be more different.  Except that today, I am also a total wreck.

I am getting divorced.  It’s been a very rough few months.  But ultimately, it’s the right decision.

My highest priority is the boys.  And they have adjusted incredibly well to both the initial news and the subsequent separation.  They are strong, know they are loved by both of their parents more than anything in the entire world, and they will be the reason I hold it together on this, my last anniversary.

I guess in a way my new chapter starts today.  And I’m so happy to feel like writing again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It gets progressively easier, girl. Just remember your friends are here to help, forgive, comfort, and love you. It will all be ok - no matter what the outcome is.

Post a Comment