Monday, February 17, 2014

Is it summer yet?

As much as I adore Uggs, and fires, and big bold glasses of cab while wearing Uggs in front of fires, I have had just about enough of the cold.  Canada for Christmas was amazing.  Snow in Charleston for the first time in 4 years was fun.  But I haven't been warm in over 4 months and I'm not sure how much more I can take.

I've spent the last hour and a half planning a trip to a concert in July.  It should be noted that tickets have yet to go onsale for this show.  I haven't even mentioned it to anyone I'm hoping will go with me.  And I'm not even sure if I have my kids that week.  But I am endlessly dreaming about warm summer nights, tan skin (however unhealthy that may be), and little white shorts.

I'm ready to float in the pool that is my nemesis during the winter months.  I want to eat Sno-cones on Folly and ride around in Jodi Barker's golf cart.  I want to lay in the sun until I'm forced to walk inside and cool off for five minutes, the whole time waiting for my eyes to adjust to much dimmer light.  I kind of miss finding sand in the strangest places.  And let's be honest, shaving Koda and making him look like a doofus is pretty damned entertaining.

 So while I sit here under a huge blanket trying to figure out how my son (who will go unnamed) managed to hide a pile of potatoes in his closet "to see what would happen" for what I'm guessing has been a few weeks, I'm also going to start looking for bikinis.  Because even though it only takes a few weeks to grow potatoes in your closet, it takes a lot longer to get ready for swimsuit season.

 

And I just can't help it, I really miss my tan.
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment