Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Amazing. Talented. And Blessed.

With a title like that, I really wish I was talking about myself.  But I can't take any credit for the sheer awesomeness of my friends.

Today was a great day.  Via Facebook and snail mail, I received some fascinating and exciting news about several people in my life.

First, I saw on Facebook that some amazing friends of mine are going to be featured on The Today Show tomorrow morning!

Monique and Chevalo Wilsondebriano are two of the sweetest, kindest, most endearing people I've ever met.  Teague was lucky enough to share a classroom with their youngest daughter last year, and I've been lucky enough to form a friendship with the family.  I have watched the entire family work together as a team for the last few years and I am consistently overwhelmed by their commitment to one another and the success of their product.  Not to mention, their marinade is flipping amazing! 
 
The Charleston Gourmet Burger Company can be accessed at charlestongourmetburger.com
 
 
Today, I also found out that Corie Hipp, a.k.a. my freshman and sophomore year roommate at C of C, and self-proclaimed "oldest friend" was selected for a very special honor!  And none of us should be surprised.  Honestly, I don't know anyone who works as hard as she does.  She is a stellar friend.  A committed philanthropist.  A brilliant graphic designer.  She cares more about the community and building lasting relationships than anyone I've met in my entire life.  And for some reason, she loves me.  She also shares my love of steak and cake, which means we're MFEO.  (If you don't know what that means, watch Sleepless in Seattle.).
 
 
Visit coriehipp.com for more information about The Corinne Company.



Finally, today I received a wedding invitation in the mail.  This invitation is so incredibly special to me because I really never expected to be invited, and would have completely understood.  At the end of my street exists a huge piece of property on the water.  I mean, acres upon acres, upon acres.  It has oaks that would make Scarlett O'Hara jealous.  It is absolutely magical.  And it just happens to house one of the most diversely amazing families I've ever met. 

Over the last 2 years, The Crumps have welcomed the boys and I onto their property and most importantly, made us a part of their home.  We can wander down to Jubilee anytime with any number of friends, and use their kayaks, floats, fire pit, trampoline, crab traps, fishing poles, beer coolers, wine supply...whatever we need at the moment, it's ours.  Even if it's just a hug.  (Robin has dispensed many of these since 2012).

So when I opened up my mailbox today and saw this:



My heart just leapt.  Not only will I get to be a spectator at what will probably go down as the most naturally gorgeous wedding on the planet, I get to make new memories at Jubilee.  AND THEN, I can even walk home!  It really is a blessing to watch this wonderful family expand.

So congratulations to these friends.  You are each growing and changing in different ways, and I couldn't be happier to have you in my life.  You set such great examples for my kids and inspire us to always being kind, considerate, and devoted.

I am so proud and honored to be your friend.  And I hope the whole world discovers just how inspiring you are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment