Friday, May 11, 2012

It's been 5 days and I still can't catch my breath...

I haven't had the heart to blog this week. 

Because an agreement could not be reached about primary custodianship of the boys, the judge decided to appoint them a guardian and take matters into his own hands.  He will make the decision about who is the primary.  A guardian has to come into our home for evaluations.  And I just never thought it would come to this.

It's been 5 days and still I have heard nothing.  No decision has been made. 

Now it's Friday at 5:29 and knowing that this long weekend without answers lays ahead, I just want to hold the boys tight and never let go.  Unfortunately, it's not my weekend.  Fortunately, Sunday is Mother's Day and it was agreed they could spend the day with me.

I want to thank everyone who has been so concerned for my kids and who has gone out of their way to make sure that they feel "normal."  This ranges from my good friend, Amanda who surprised Teague in carpool with me, to my dear friend Rhett who invited Teague over for a special playdate and pizza, to one of my nearest and dearest, Tracy, who met me at Riverbanks Zoo today with her 2 kids and totally played along like everything in my life was great. 

The truly good friends are the ones who know not to discuss ANY of this when the kids are with me, even if they are in another room.  Six year olds listen.  They definitely talk.  And at this juncture, I guess it's good that they are in the tattle-tale phase.

In the meantime, this is what matters.

Riverbanks Zoo today.


Keeping smiles on these beautiful faces. 

And Lord knows, Colin AND I have BOTH made mistakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment