Sunday, May 06, 2012

Family Court Eve

I honestly have no clue how many of my friends or readers have been through a truly ugly divorce.  I never thought I would have one.  But as I sit here thinking about my court date tomorrow (and want to throw up all over the keyboard) I feel like I have to share SOMEthing.  At least some small part of this experience.  After all, writing is my outlet.

I can't say much.  Let's be honest: All parties are being represented by very powerful attorneys and everyone has a similar goal in mind:

Win.

But there is no winning in divorce.  EVERYONE loses.  Epsecially the kids. 

Still, the kids are what tomorrow is all about.

I desperately hope  to go to court tomorrow and walk out with 50/50 custody of my children.  If that doesn't happen, then there will be a war.

I won't be bullied anymore.  I'm tired of the lies.  I'm tired of being smeared.  And I have made it clear that I will NOT go down without a fight.

By tomorrow afternoon, I hope to have at least part of this horrible divorce behind me.  And to all the haters, go start your own blog and stop lurking and posting nasty things on mine.

I only want the best, most supportive outcome for my kids.  And that includes providing an environment which is free of hypocritical grown-ups forgetting to mind their own business.

I am a mom first.  Everything else is secondary.

And anyone who claims differently is both a fool and a fraud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment