Monday, July 22, 2013

My thoughtful boy and his birthday plan.

On Friday afternoon, my boys asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  I told them all I wanted was some hugs and kisses and maybe a homemade birthday card.  Teague smirked and said, "Seriously?  You think I haven't already made you a card?  I have it stashed at Dad's house so you couldn't sneak around and find it.  I made it weeks ago."

It was very "Teague."  It takes him 30 minutes to get dressed and 15 minutes to wander over and brush his teeth.  Sometimes he walks around in distracted circles for 10 minutes before I can finally get him in the car.  But a birthday card for his mom?  Oh yeah, that's been ready for 14 days.

Crews stood there looking a little upset.  I'm not sure if it was because Teague didn't think to tell him my birthday was coming or if he thought he could just sign the one Teague made.  Regardless, I explained my birthday wasn't until Wednesday and that he had plenty of time.  Besides, I'm turning 35.  I'm not very excited about it.  So I'm definitely not trying to push up the date or celebrate early.  In fact, we could just put it off indefinitely and that would be cool.

Anyway, Teague said he wanted to take me out for a fancy dinner on Wednesday night.  I was thinking he probably meant somewhere like Panera Bread instead of the boys' usual go-to: Sonic.  But he surprised me and said he wanted to go Stars, a beautiful grill room I adore downtown.  http://starsrestaurant.com/

Jokingly, I asked if he was going to make our reservation and bring all of his Tooth Fairy money so he could pay.  He looked a little skeptical about my requests, but didn't say no.

This morning after he left for golf camp, I grabbed my phone to check emails.  This is the screen that popped up:

 
 
My sweet boy had Googled "Stars fancy."  I don't know what he planned to do with this information (surely, he isn't going to try to call and make a reservation?!), but it is definitely the thought that counts.  He has some kind of little plan in the works and that is also very "Teague."
 
I guess turning 35 isn't the end of the world.  And at least I get to do it in the presence of my two favorite people on the planet.  So we will have "fancy" food, multiple desserts, maybe a little wine for mom, and whatever else Teague has in store.  But seriously, I would have been perfectly happy with the hugs and kisses.
 


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment