Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Happy Birthday to ME!

Some people prefer to ignore their birthdays.  Some people like to celebrate the anniversary of their favorite one.  Some people prefer a peaceful dinner.  Some people like to be surprised.

Me?  I just like to do it up right!

I don't like a quiet affair.  I like lots of friends.  Tons of food.  And even more wine.  I like cake and insane laughter.  I like reminiscing about past stupidity and maybe trying to get others to do something stupid with me again.  And I cannot remember the last time I had an uneventful birthday.

I'll be the first to admit that my last 2 birthdays involved very late nights and mischief...But when I think back on previous birthdays, they really weren't that much different.

I got piercings...

 

I rode a mechanical bull at night on an island off of Mexico...
 
I wore the most hideous dress on the planet to the Blind Tiger on my 21st birthday, with a sombrero...
 
 I can't even share photos from the next few birthdays after that because my friends won't let me...
 
But then in 2002, I got engaged on my birthday.
 
In 2008, I found out I was pregnant with Crews on my birthday.
 
And on my birthday in 2011, I realized my marriage was coming to an end.

I'm happy to see what this year brings, but I hope all of the excitement isn't limited to just one night.  I'd much rather spread the fun over the course of a year.

So tomorrow night is my birthday celebration with the boys, and Saturday night will be the ginormous celebration with my girls.  Watch out, Chucktown.  We're comin' for ya.  And I totally saw that sombrero in the attic last week...

0 comments:

Post a Comment