Friday, July 01, 2011

Summertime Friday morning ritual

           This summer the boys and I have developed several new rituals.  We watch the Crocodile Hunter every morning at 8.  We go to Yogurt Mountain at least twice a week.  We have scooter races in the driveway.  And every Friday morning at 7:30 we sit on the front porch in our PJs and wait for the tractor and dump truck that come by to pick up the yard debris.
            I honestly don’t know what it is about tractors and dump trucks that makes boys so happy, but my kids look forward to it all week long.  Today, I decided to bring the camera along to document our practice.  And as the woman driving the loader saw us approaching, she waved and honked.  I think they found it more exciting than seeing Mickey at the end of the Disney parade.
Waiting patiently.
It's almost here.
There it is!

0 comments:

Post a Comment