Friday, July 15, 2011

First sleepover.

Outside, it’s a hot, overcast, lazy type of day.  Inside, it seems unusually cold in my house and my mind is anything but restful.  This is because my kid just left for his very first sleepover and I’m a huge wiener.
It’s not like I didn’t know this day was coming.  Recently he’s been invited over to friend’s houses much more frequently and the once two-hour playdates have evolved into all day adventures.  Not to mention that right now sleepovers seem to be the only topic of interest amongst the five year-olds I know.  So when Teague was invited out to Kiawah for an afternoon, evening, and following morning, chock-full of swimming, fishing, and cupcake eating, I felt I really needed to say yes.
Of course I immediately felt like I was going to throw up after I did.  But the look of excitement on Teague’s face and his immediate plans to start packing three days in advance led me to believe I made the right decision.
So tonight, Colin and I will have only one child to snuggle and tuck in, and Teague’s bed will be empty for the first time ever.  Anyone want to take bets on how many hours of sleep I get?

0 comments:

Post a Comment