Saturday, March 29, 2014

You have arrived at five.

Tonight will be the very last time I snuggle up to my 4-year-old Bug.  In a few hours, my adorable, blond bambino will be 5.  And he says he will no longer be my baby.

That's right.  In an hour, he will be a big boy.  So thank god we are in California and I technically have 4 more hours of babyhood due to a time technicality.

Crews Cullin Hendrickson entered this world on March 30th, 2009 around 7 am.  He weighed
6lbs. 9 oz. and was 20 inches long.  That morning, he made Teague a big brother.  And that day, he made my life complete.

Crews is one of those kids you just can't help but adore.  He is gorgeous, with his big blue eyes and ridiculously long lashes.  He has the sweetest, kindest smile and the most infectious giggle.  His blondness is insane, considering both of his parents sport dark brown locks, and he always has the coolest hairstyle even though it's not really intended. 

He is so incredibly kind and thoughtful, and I hear that from others at least once a day.  He asks for things nicely.  He always says thank you.  He knows when you need a hug, or maybe only want one.  He puts up with his brother's constant abuse yet still thinks Teague hung the moon.  And he deals with my impatience by simply saying, "OK, Mom!"

Yes, I have a good one in Crews.  He makes my life so much sweeter.  In fact, I think he makes the world a better place.

Crews, I can't wait to see what you become.  You are the kind of person we should all strive to be.  I wish I was 1/100th as brave as you, and I admire your relentless faith in those around you.

You will always be my "Bug."  My "Buggle."  My "Boss."  My "Blondilocks."  My "Little Blond Bambino."  And my "Kitten."

Here's to your 5th Birthday!  And Thank You for humoring me and taking the following pics with "The 5" yesterday!












 











0 comments:

Post a Comment