Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The (almost) perfect day.

Have you ever had the kind of day where everything seems to be rolling along famously, and you think, "Hmmm, I kinda rule." 

It's the same type of day in which you couldn't get to sleep the night before and kept thinking about how much the morning was going to suck, but for some reason your eyes popped open exactly one minute before the alarm went off and you didn't even have to hear that godawful, dreadful sound.

Instead of wandering around in the sleep-deprived stupor you feared, you find yourself bouncing into the shower, finding an outfit that makes you feel cute, and actually having a non-afrofied hair day even though the humidity is high.  Your make-up is on, coffee is made, the dog is fed, your kid's clothes are laid out, their preferred morning beverage is poured, and there isn't even any whining when you wake them up for the first time in 3 months.

For once, there is no traffic on Harborview Road.  You sail through two successive green lights.  And when you turn up the stereo volume, your favorite Avett Brothers song is just starting. 

You make it to both Meet the Teacher events early.  Get to see so many faces you've been missing all summer.  And pick up a cool extra kid along the way.  You convince the munchkins to go where YOU want for breakfast.  You get not one, but two prime parking spots downtown.  You are even complimented on your shirt three times and your shoes once.

Yep, this morning was a good one. 

Too bad after breakfast I realized my fly had been open since I got dressed at 6:30 this morning.  Oh, and somehow for the first time ever, I managed to forget to shave my armpits.  This is great considering I posed for several pictures with my kids with my arms over my head in celebration of school starting. 

Oh well, at least (I thought) I ruled for a little while.  And thank goodness I was wearing cute underwear.  Perhaps they distracted from the hairy armpits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment